The Chapel of our Lady better known as the Beauchamp Chapel is arguably the finest chantrey chapel in the country. It houses the tomb of Richard Beauchamp along with those of the Robert Dudley family. The church was based on a collegiate foundation modelled on the secular cathedrals a position that changed at the Reformation from when it has been primarily a parish church. The south aisle contains Bread Shelves instituted in 1713. Each week 32 loaves were distributed to the poor, a custom which continued until early in the last century.
Visit the church http://www.stmaryswarwick.org.uk/