There has been a place of worship on this site since Anglo-Saxon times. The Abbey was founded as a Benedictine Monastery by Roger de Montgomery in 1083 on the site of an existing Saxon church. After the dissolution of the monasteries in the reign of King Henry VIII the part of the Abbey building which survived continued as a Parish Church – as it is to this day.
- Church Type: Full Member
- Address: Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, SY2 6BS