Standing prominently on Castle Hill above the River Lune and the City of Lancaster the Priory was granted its founding charter in 1094. One of its greatest treasures are the fourteen carved oak choir stalls which stand in the chancel. As with most churches significant renovations took place in the mid 19th Century with the replacement of box pews(which used to bring in rental income!) and galleries. The church also contains the Kings Own Memorial Chapel from which hang probably the largest collection of surviving regimental colours.
Visit the church http://www.lancasterpriory.org