The Guinness Book of Records notes the church as England’s largest in area as an architectural jem. Founded in 1285 the Civil War led to a wall being built across the transepts and the army stabling their horses in the east end. The evangelical revival early in the 19th century saw the building of a gallery at the west end to accommodate the large congregations. Wiliam Wilberforce MP for Hull was baptized in the church and Robert Thompson the famous furniture maker with a mouse trademark has work in the church.
Visit the church http://http://www.holy-trinity.org.uk/