The origins of the church are shrouded in mystery and probably arose on a hill by the market place at the same time as the Tower of St Benedict’s Church. It was destroyed by fire in 1291 and rebuilt in stages. See the attractive roof bosses, noted stained glass in the Te Deum Clerestory Window and carved wooden pew ends. As its title suggests, it has close links with Cambridge University’s famous colleges.
Visit the church http://www.gsm.cam.ac.uk/